Ballards Gore plays hosts to some of the county's top competitions and P.G.A events and is one of Essex's hidden gems. A parkland course built in 1980 offering a good test for all standards of golf with diverse and interesting holes, a blend of tricky tree lined fairways and stunning lakes all set in 110 acres of picturesque countryside.
Ballards Gore has some of the best facilities in the county not only with a championship course but a superb practice area , modern clubhouse with bar, restaurant and decking area, we can cater for all visitors , casual golfers , golf societies and corporate events where you will receive a warm welcome.
Twilight golf as from the 19th of October 2020 starts at 14:00
The UK Government has provided clarification on outdoor recreation and rules on social distancing in England.
These will affect how golf can be played from June 1st and, in particular, the configuration of groupings on a golf course.
Under new government rules released today (29th May), the following groupings will be permitted,
- Up to a Four-ball comprising of individuals from different households
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to at all times.
We are currently operating a strict tee booking system
please call 01702 258917 between 8am-5pm for bookings and our current restrictions
Strictly no golf without pre booking
Cancelation policy on visitors section
Clubhouse 01702 258917
Pro Shop 01702 258924
- As a Sun Protection Accredited club, we have pledged to raise awareness of sun protection to our staff and members. Melanoma is one of the UK’s fastest rising cancers, mainly affecting those who spend lots of time outdoors without sun protection. Incidence in women has more than doubled, and for men tripled in the last 30 years.
Between April to September you need to be aware of the risks of UV light and remember to follow these five rules when playing, working or spectating:
1. Keep sunscreen (SPF30+), sunglasses, a hat and large umbrella in your summer kit bag.
2. Apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before teeing off to ensure it is effective.
3. Reapply sunscreen every two hours on sunny days, or around the 9th hole, using a sunscreen applicator to avoid a greasy grip!
4. Use a chubby sunblock stick to protect lips, nose and ears.
5. Check skin every month or so and if you spot any changes, visit your GP immediately.
For further tips and advice visit the Slip! Slap! Swing! campaign at: